Positive People Programme
Real Life Coaching International helps individuals who are out-of-work to build their skills, confidence and motivation. This will include people with disabilities, mental health issues, ex-offenders, homeless people and people over 50.
Positive People is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund.
Work and Health Programme
PLUSS has also been awarded the contract with the Department or Work and Pensions (DWP) and we are delighted to be a part of their integration framework.
We are a specialist service provider for the programme with our unique ‘Who am I’ workshop. We will deliver workshops to multiple small groups working in conjunction with all of the main partners for the work and health programme.
PLUSS expect that up to 85% of participants on the programme will have a health condition or disability. PLUSS have, therefore, developed a locally integrated supply chain of specialist providers who will deliver innovative services to job seekers across the entire Southern region. The programme supports individuals who have been registered unemployed and out of work for two years or more. In addition, the programme also supports individuals who face significant disadvantages including carers, homeless, ex-offenders, ex-forces, care leavers, refugees and people with a history of substance misuse.
Benefits to Commissioning Body
- Real Life programmes teach personal financial responsibility. Recipients in receipt of Universal Credit are far more likely to pay their rent, and other outgoings on time and in full.
- Reduced worklessness and improved education levels.
- Positive, healthier, happier communities.
- Decrease in drug/alcohol abuse, domestic violence and anti-social behavior.
- Creation of a ‘can do’ culture within the community.
Benefits to Clients
- Inspired to believe ‘better’ is achievable, leading to identifying, setting and achieving goals.
- Improved self-confidence/ self-esteem, personal development and acquisition of invaluable life skills and coping strategies.
- Overcoming the (often long-term) issues such as drug/alcohol abuse, family and relationship problems, phobias, anxieties and antisocial behaviors that are holding them back.
- Improved education levels.
- Greater employability options.
- Becoming positive role models for peers, and future generations.
Results Speak for themselves
Analysing a cross-section of some 250 of our Clients, we achieved these outcomes:
- 38% were in paid employment (some via further education).
- 6% were self employed.
- 12% engaged in volunteer work
- 15% went back to education.
- 20% sought additional specialist support.
- 9% saw an end to, or greatly reduced levels of anti social behaviour.
Sharing is Fun!